van veel wat

Hello!

Wees welkom op deze pagina. Hij is nog jong, hij is nog fris. Maar we gaan er keihard tegen aan! 


vrijdag 8 oktober 2010

entry about John Lennon

I have to do something for John Lennon's 70th birthday because it's not that I don't care. I do. Definitely. I was kinda fascinated with him when I was in my teens (saw the Imagine documentary a zillion times and read about his life) and I still think he's one of those artists who's message goes beyond their music, far beyond their music. Also love Yoko Ono, not everybody does but I do.

Girl - The Beatles (Rubber Soul): 'Did she understand when they said that a man must break his back to earn his days of leisure?' Ah girl.


Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles (Magical Mystery Tour): 'Living is easy with eyes closed. Misunderstanding all you see. It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out. It doesn't matter much to me.' And this, this is really a perfect song. One of my all time favourites.


Come Together - Beatles (Abbey Road): 'He say: "I know you. You know me." One thing I can tell you is you got to be free.' Come together! Right now! Grooving up slowly.


The Ballad of John and Yoko - The Beatles: 'Drove from Paris to the Amsterdam Hilton. Talking in our bed for a week. The newspaper said: "Say, what you doing in bed?" I said: "We're only trying to get us some peace." The famous Amsterdam Bed-In for peace.


Instant Karma - John Lennon: 'Who on earth d'you think you are? A superstar? Well, right you are.' He's talking to you.


Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - John Lennon: 'And so this is Xmas. And what have we done?' They play this song every year on my birthday, and that's one of the better things of being a Christmas baby/Boxing Day baby.


(Just Like) Starting Over - John Lennon (Double Fantasy): 'But when I see you, darling. It's like we're both falling in love again. It'll be just like starting over." About his precious time with Yoko. A great romance, a great song, a great artist.



Geen opmerkingen: